Wednesday, August 15, 2012

CRESTED GECKOS: PROPER CARE

    Crested geckos are much different than Leopard geckos! Crested geckos are aboreal, which pretty much means they live in trees. Crested geckos also don't have eyelids! Let's start talking about the basic needs of a crested gecko! First, I would like to recommend that if your are planning on getting one, get a baby one! That way you have more time to bond! Okay, back on track now!:)


      As for caging, if you get a baby one, you just put them in a Kritter Keeper!! Right now Rafikki is 4 months old, so he is in a Kritter Keeper! Heres a picture!
Now, you may be asking,"well what am I supposed to put IN the Kritter Keeper?" Well here I am to answer that question!
*double layer of paper towels as the substrate
*smashed toilet paper roll (optional)
*small water dish (optional)
*fake plant for them to climb on
And there ya go! That is ALL you need for about 4-6 months!! They don't even need a heat source! They actually thrive at room temperature(75-78)! Moving on to misting, you MUST mist heavly twice a day! They need A LOT of humidity, about 60-80%! On to food, I feed Repashy Crested gecko diet & crickets supplemented in calcium D3! I would highly recommend feeding those items! I feed CGD 4x a week & crickets 3x a week. I leave the CGD in the cage for 2 days then take it out! Now, once the 4-6 months pass I am going to upgrade to a 18x18x24 Exoterra terrarium. Inside I am going to have real pothos, and possibly a peice of driftwood.

I REALLY hope I helped!! If you have ANY questions at all please, feel free to ask me I promise to help you! Once again, if you would like to email me my email is coldhampets@gmail.com . Thank you SO much!
XOXO,
 Geckogal;)

No comments:

Post a Comment